Monday, February 27, 2012

Nicholas Day #1

Brent's visit with Nicholas went very well.  He is such a cutie!  Our Skype call went well.  He was lapping up some food off of the floor, but that isn't too surprising for a child whose been in an institution for about 3 years (maybe more) already.  He loved the snack and the juice that Brent took.  Brent is going to find another cup type for him so that he won't spill so much on himself. 

I am exhausted.  I didn't go to bed until about 6am, because I had to hear how the visit went after Brent got back to the hotel.  Curiosity may have killed the cat in that old saying, but curiosity and adoring my babies over there is exhausting this Mama!

Let's get on with the pictures and videos!







Isn't he just the cutest!!??!!
As you can tell, Nicholas has a scream and a cry to communicate with, so that is what he uses. 
I can't wait to teach him that there are other ways.  :) 
I really do think that he has a lot of potential. 
It will take him some work to get him out of the institutional behaviors. 
He definitely has a lot further to go in a lot of areas than the other children,
but God has a big plan for this little boy - MY LITTLE BOY!
God is good and Nicholas is MINE! 
I can't wait to get him home!
Don't forget all the ways to HELPVote for the blog, re-post, donate, donate to the medical fund, advocate.  We have a GIVEAWAY going on to help encourage you to help as well.

3 comments:

  1. HE IS PRECIOUS!! I AM NOT SURPRISED WHY YOU ARE STAYING UP ALL NIGHT IN ANTICIPATION!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your journey. The love you have for your children is beautiful and makes me think of God's love for us when He adopts us as His children.

    ReplyDelete