Monday, June 25, 2012

Keith and Aleshia!

Today the lady throwing our online baby shower is focusing on Keith and Aleshia.  They will be the first two to be picked up and they will share a "Gotcha Day"!  Her post focusing the baby shower on them is HERE.

So I thought I'd focus on them today on the blog too!

Keith is 5 years old and Aleshia is 6 years old.  Neither of them can even sit up without support yet.  Aleshia was transferred to a mental institution when she was only 3 years old.  Keith has been in his tiny crib in that same orphanage since he left the hospital after he was born.  He's been in a "sick room" for over 2 1/2 years at this point, even though he was initially moved there because of a respiratory infection.  :(

Both of them have a long way to go developmentally.  Keith has a lot of growing that he needs to do.  Right now he will still be riding in an infant carseat, because he was only 12 pounds when Brent was there. We've got a lot to do in order for him to begin to grow in size and develop the skills to sit, crawl, stand, and eventually walk.   Aleshia is bigger, but seems to have something going on with her hips.  We will be working to see what is going on with them, as well as see if she can gain the ability to sit up and to bear weight on her legs.

Here is my favorite video of Keith I think:


Here is my favorite of Aleshia:




So very soon I will hold them.  
Their forever will begin and the days in an orphanage and a mental institution will be over.

Here is the stroller that will take them through the airports:

Here is Aleshia's bed waiting for her:

Here is Keith's bed waiting for him:

The swing, bouncer, and walker are put together.

It is almost time to go and get them!!!!






4 comments:

  1. Very lovely beds :O)) So happy for you guys, bring those babies home :O))) Much love Denise & Gary Davis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I truly can't wait until they are home! Please let me know if you need any car seat advice (a lot of internationally adopted kids are developmentally atypical even for special needs kids). Because their size often doesn't match up with their developmental level, skeletal strength, muscle tone, etc, there are a lot of things to consider when choosing a car seat for special needs kiddos. I have some connections in the industry since I'm a child passenger safety technician, and I'm not far from you (Columbus) so if you need a special seat for one of the kids, I can help you get it, and I can do a check for you to make sure all the kids are riding safely! (In fact, I really love doing those sorts of things and I'd drive halfway or the whole way to meet you and help out, yes, I'm that big of a car seat nerd). Just let me know. I'm Katie Beth on the facebook group, my blog is set to private right now, but if you want access you can give me your e-mail and I'll add you. Also thinking about starting a second blog focusing only on adoption and waiting children and families (not my own personal adoption journey) so I can continue to advocate while I wait for the craziness that is currently my life to subside. In any case, I can't wait to see you bring those babies home and we will meet up sometime for sure! An Ohio meetup IS happening, there are just so many of us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. woo hoo, Mommy's nesting! Love it!

    ReplyDelete