Monday, January 10, 2011

Our Worker Came Today

I have to say that I love our agency that is doing our homestudy!  We were in the first group of 10 families to go through training in 2000.  We were their first adoptive placement in 2001.  We have adopted 11 children total from a total of 6 different foster care adoptions.  We have another little guy on the way, whenever they get his stuff done in his state.  They are now doing their first international homestudy for us. 

The worker came today and was here for a very long time.  She is working hard to have our homestudy ready by the end of January or the beginning of February.  We will have the rest of our commitment money right about that time too, so that is perfect.  :)  They are always so great to work with, so a big shout out to Mended Reeds.  Our family would have never become what it is without them!

I've got several things I need to get done.  At the moment I need to get all our reference letters handed out, because the international calls for more than our normal homestudy update was going to call for.  I also need to get Unique, Precious, Brent, and I fingerprinted for our FBI fingerprints, so that is on the list of things.  I have to get all of our medical forms filled out.  I also am going to go ahead and order original birth and marriage certificates (3 of each) to have ready for our dossier when the time comes.  I'm waiting to hear about the phone interviews for AAC.  I need to send some other info and forms to Mended Reeds as well.  I am waiting to hear back about our fire inspection.  I just don't want to forget anything or delay anything, so I have to keep after it. 

I've checked Reece's Rainbow's site way too many times today.  Brent admitted that he has too.  I think we are both secretly afraid that the other one will see our names on the "Committed Families" page before we see it ourselves.  I guess seeing the kids on the list made it feel so much more real and seeing it there will make it seem even more real.  We are so anxious to see constant forward motion and move things quickly. 

Please continue to pray for the kids.  Pray that their caregivers will really care for them.  Pray that they will take the best possible care of them.  Pray that while they don't know true love from parents yet, that they will feel God's love keeping the love in their hearts alive and burning.  Pray that Paula will hang on for us to bring her home.  Pray that God will strengthen her tiny little body and speak love into her heart.  Pray that God will move this process quickly and give us the needed funds as they are needed so that we can bring them home quickly.

2 comments:

  1. They are all just beautiful. You know we are praying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is always good to know that you are praying. :) Praying that God shows you who He has in store for you as well!

    ReplyDelete